Monday, Dec 10th, 6 pm – ATIR Meeting
This meeting has been cancelled; instead we will meet on Monday, Dec. 17, 6 pm, in Berg Hall
Saturday, December 15th, 12 – 4 pm
Invitation from Vanessa Frank to the Monthly Meeting of MICOP
Haydock Academy of Arts and Sciences in Oxnard, 647 Hill St, Oxnard, CA 93033
- MICOP will be distributing groceries and other items to over 200 families. Our primary role will be sorting and packing groceries into bags for the families. There is also a need for folks providing childcare and activities for the children aged 4-9 coming with their families. Please bring whatever particular activities you could organize for the kids of various language abilities. Those who will do packing are asked to bring a water bottle for themselves and a box cutter, if you have one.
- Please plan to stay another 30 minutes after to quickly debrief the experience and share a bit about what we have learned and what potential next steps we might take.
- If you are able to participate please let me know by Wednesday, Dec.5, for a headcount to let MICOP know what our commitment is. www.vanessafranklaw.com
“A little bit of chaos, a little bit of noise and a lot of love is what it is all about. Looking forward to it!”
Monday, Dec 17th, 6 pm – ATIR Meeting
UU Church of Ventura, Green Room
Monthly meeting – 6:00 pm, potluck (please bring your own utensils), 6:30 call to order
- Reports on November, early December activities
- Rev. Dana Worsnop: Dec. 10, AFSC Border Action
- Dec. 9, Susan Franzblau: Interfaith Vigil in Ventura
- Maricela Morales, CAUSE, Dec. 4 Rally and Supervisor Zaragoza mtg with County Sheriff’s dept, Truth Act and SB 54
- Ray Vargas, MICOP event of Dec. 15
- Rob March, Citizenship Fairs
- Ruth Capelle, CLUE Visits to Adelanto – Undocufund
- Speaker – Judy Lucas, Friends of Farmworkers, Ojai
- Presentation – Susan Franzblau, ATIR Mission statement and Objectives
- Discussion: ATIR relationship to the UUCV community – membership development; moderator: Ruth Capelle.
- Up-coming events announcements: This web page will be regularly up-dated.