Become a Member
The decision to become a member of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura represents an important milestone in your spiritual journey. (If you haven’t visited us yet, be sure to see what to expect at our services.) In joining us, you are making a public statement that you want to become more involved in the celebration and services of our community life, and, committing yourself to become part of our liberal religious presence in western Ventura County. Usually, this is how one becomes a member of our community:
- Participate in the Getting to Know UU and Journey to Belonging Workshops offered at least twice yearly. Childcare is provided. Contact Beverly Jordan, Community Life Coordinator for more information: email@example.com, (805) 644-3898 ext 102.
- Review the Covenant on Right Relations and Mission Statement of the UU Church of Ventura and the Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations to determine if they match with your own beliefs and inclinations.
- Make a monthly financial pledge that you feel good about.
- Sign the Membership Book.
- Participate in a New Member Recognition ceremony which is held during a Sunday Worship Service. (Optional)
Signing the Membership Book is the beginning of a new relationship. As a member of this congregation you are a full participant in our on-going ministry. We urge you to get involved in ways that both nourish you spiritually and challenge you to give of yourself for others. How you do that is up to you, but know that we covenant to be on this spiritual journey together so you are not alone. We welcome you and the unique gifts you bring to share with this congregation and our larger movement.