Become a Member
The decision to become a member of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura represents an important milestone in your spiritual journey. (If you haven’t visited us yet, be sure to see what to expect at our services.) In joining us, you are making a public statement that you want to become more involved in the celebration and services of our community life, and, committing yourself to become part of our liberal religious presence in western Ventura County. Usually, this is how one becomes a member of our community:
- Participate in a Pathway to Membership Orientation. Orientations are offered at least twice yearly. A light lunch and childcare are provided. Sign up at the Welcome Table in the church entry, at the Visitor Information Table in the Community Hall, or contact Gudrun Eastham, our 2015-16 Membership chair.
- Review the Covenant on Right Relations and Mission Statement of the UU Church of Ventura and the Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations to determine if they match with your own beliefs and inclinations.
- Meet with the minister.
- Sign the Membership Book.
- Make a financial pledge and volunteer commitment to support the work of the Church.
- Participate in a New Member Recognition ceremony which is held during a Sunday Worship Service. Upcoming Services are announced regularly.
Signing the Membership Book is the beginning of a new relationship. As a member of this congregation you are a full participant in our on-going ministry. We urge you to get involved in ways that both nourish you spiritually and challenge you to give of yourself for others. How you do that is up to you, but know that we covenant to be on this spiritual journey together so you are not alone. We welcome you and the unique gifts you bring to share with this congregation and our larger movement.
If you have any other questions about membership, please feel free to talk with anyone at the Membership Table in the Berg Hall on Sunday after services, or contact Beverly Jordan, our Membership Manager.