What you May Not Know about Pledge Statements:
- We send church members and friends pledge statements in April, July, and October. The December 30 statement is not a pledge statement comparing the pledge you made and the status of the payments towards that pledge. It is a summary of all donations made by you during the calendar year, not the church year, July 1 to June 30.
- Paying pledges on the last day of the month or the first day of the month can cause irregularities on your statement because of the timing of the posting of your payments to your account. Paying between the 5th of the month and the 20th can eliminate these timing errors.
- The most common error noted on the statements is someone forgot to make a payment for one or two months. Having your bank send electronic payments once a month is an easy way to avoid such omissions. Many banks do this for free if you set up the payments online.
- Automatic monthly payments can also be set up for you using a church vendor, and you pay no charges for this feature and it is easy to set up and manage changes.
- You can make one time donations or set up automatic pledge payments at www.uuventura.org, by clicking on “Give” on the right side of the masthead area, then, click on the picture of the mouse and following the instructions; or by contacting David Smith at 805/216-9331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.